This morning after realizing that she wanted to ‘consistently experience Joy’ in her life, one of my clients asked me, “But isn’t it selfish considering there is so much bad stuff happening in the world?”
I asked her a couple of targeted questions, and she soon realized that her desire to experience Joy wasn’t the issue; what was selfish was for her to continue indulging in her familiar pattern of worry, scarcity and fear. She saw that the times when she had made her biggest contribution to the world were those times when she had felt “connected” and in a state of Joy.
My client’s best moments were often those when she brought joy to simple things, acknowledging the cashier for her patience or kindness at the store for example. When we bring genuine, inspired joy to our daily interactions, we become a source of healing for others. Think about it: when you are out in the world feeling bad about all the terrible things that are happening and worrying that they might happen to you too, you are actually adding to the depression and hopelessness. However, when you are in a state of Joy from being aligned with your True Self, you are serving as a beacon of Light, offering everyone a reminder of what is possible.
This is a new way of thinking about service for many of us, but it is much more helpful and effective than trying to serve from a low vibration that matches the problem. Will you be that person in your family and community who helps others stay focused on the light, even when darkness seems to reign?
The human race either moves forward through inspiration and creativity, or backward through reactivity and fear. Standing in our True Truth is a radically transformative act, and it is a choice each of us can make at any time.
The question is, how do you support yourself in living your True Truth and having the consistent experience of Joy that is your birthright?
Here are 6 easy steps to help you get started:
1. In this email, I hereby give you permission to be in your Joy. Accept it!
2. Be willing to surrender your ‘small self’ to a higher power. Call it God, Source, the Universe, Mother Nature, Holy Spirit, higher self, it doesn’t matter…the important thing is to trust that it will lead you to your highest and best good, and do everything you can to let it do so.
3. Do whatever it takes to “know yourself” as spirit, so that this knowing becomes clearer and stronger than any fear-mongering ideas or entities. Carve out daily moments of stillness where you step away from your social duties, even if it’s just for 5 minutes. Meditate, dance, pray, paint, be in nature, hug a tree – anything that gets you out of your analytical mind and lifts you up to a higher, clearer, freer and more intuitive place. There is a field beyond your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs… meet yourself there!
4. At the beginning of every day, from that intuitive place that connects you to Source and your higher knowing, find your intention for the day. Who will you BE (that is, what are the qualities you need to embody in order to co-create the world you truly want to live in?). If you do not consciously do this for yourself you will allow someone or something else to do it for you, and if you’re reading this I’m guessing you’ve had enough of unconscious co-creation.
5. Remain focused on what you wish to create throughout the day by “being” your intention, embodying the qualities or virtues you intended in the morning. There are many ways to do this; ask for spirit’s guidance regarding what will work for you.
6. At the end of your day, give thanks for the myriad blessings that have graced you that day, and set your intention for the nighttime so that you may wake up in the morning nourished and inspired.
If you are interested in learning how to meditate, there are many meditation teachers out there. Each style of meditation has different approaches and outcomes that they attempt to create. Some aim to simply still the mind. Others, such as the one I teach my clients, include stillness but are also dynamic, engaging, and focused on reclaiming your inner peace and intuitive abilities. This type of meditations helps you get past your internal blocks and limitations, propel your spiritual growth, and become an active co-creator in the world.
Email or call me at any time if you’re interested in receiving personalized support.
I wish you a happy and prosperous holiday season!
“The unalloyed happiness I find in communion with the Lord no words can describe. Night and day I am in a state of joy. That joy is God. To know Him is to perform the funeral rites for all your sorrows. He does not require you to be stoic and morose. This is not the right concept of God, nor the way to please Him. Without being happy you will not even be able to find Him….The happier you are, the greater will be your attunement with Him. Those who know Him are always happy, because God is joy itself.”